Help Me Choose
Automated Dispensing Cabinets
Considered the most important pharmacy technology used today, automated dispensing cabinets play a critical role in medication safety and nurse efficiency.
It’s the ongoing dilemma. Anesthesia providers need instant access to medications, but pharmacy wants tighter control. With Omnicell medication workstations designed for the operating room you can have both.
Disparate healthcare systems create disjointed workflow and extra steps for caregivers. In order to increase efficiency and prevent errors, healthcare providers increasingly need interoperability between systems.
Empower Your Facility Network to Enhance Care and Help Improve Outcomes
Retain and acquire customers by managing medications more safely, effectively, and efficiently using the Omnicell ® XT Automated Dispensing Cabinet. By providing immediate access to emergency and first-dose medications, you can elevate quality of care and increase satisfaction of both your facilities and their patients.
Control Inventory to Reduce Wasted Time and Cost
Data flow between the Omnicell cabinet and your pharmacy information system (PIS) eliminates time wasted and errors made through manual information capture. Full insight into medication inventory at customer sites enables improved inventory control, which can lower costs. You can even put different NDCs into one bin. The system is flexible and can easily be expanded as your needs change-switch shelves to drawers or the new Controlled Substance Dispenser, and take advantage of future innovations enabled by the modern Starbus electronics architecture. The ample medication capacity of the XT cabinet will limit the need for stat runs, further reducing costs.
- Enhance the patient experience by meeting medication needs quickly, giving your facilities the opportunity to improve Star Ratings and gain referrals
- Stock more items in the cabinet, including PRNs and IVs to reduce time to first dose and ease transitions of care
- Ensure medication safety through regulated access to medications in metal, locking bins within secure drawers
- Dispense controlled substances like a vending machine to eliminate countbacks and limit access to narcotics
- Seamlessly interface cabinets with any HL7-based PIS to enable secure data exchange
- Capture ADT, profile, and billing information automatically to reduce errors and recover lost time
- Up to 700 line items in the one-cell cabinet mean more medications on-site and fewer stat runs
- Secure server ensures HIPAA compliance and can be accessed remotely by administrators