Help Me Choose
Automated Dispensing Cabinets
Considered the most important pharmacy technology used today, automated dispensing cabinets play a critical role in medication safety and nurse efficiency.
It’s the ongoing dilemma. Anesthesia providers need instant access to medications, but pharmacy wants tighter control. With Omnicell medication workstations designed for the operating room you can have both.
Disparate healthcare systems create disjointed workflow and extra steps for caregivers. In order to increase efficiency and prevent errors, healthcare providers increasingly need interoperability between systems.
A Revolutionary Approach to Medication Management
Manual and disjointed processes often prevent pharmacy staff from contributing to the care team. The new Omnicell® XR2 Automated Central Pharmacy System introduces groundbreaking technology for a more fully automated approach to medication inventory management. XR2 helps free the pharmacy for clinically focused initiatives.
The XR2 system is extremely configurable and scalable so it can easily be tailored to meet your needs, fit your space, and expand as you grow.
- Supports both centralized and decentralized models
- Reduces handling of medications by technicians and pharmacists
- Reduces expired medication waste
- Provides comprehensive inventory automation-handles slow-movers as easily as fast-movers
- Efficiency—Allows a meaningful shift from operational demands to clinical contributions that impact patient outcomes
- Safety—Eliminates human error through 100% barcode scanning
- Inventory control—Enables more accurate management of inventory levels and minimizes discrepancies
- Supports up to 90% of non-IV and non-narcotic formulary in a variety of form factors: individual blisters, blister cards, vials, cups, packets, syringes, and others
- Does not require the time and expense of repackaging
- Stores 200% to 300% more doses compared with conventional pharmacy robots of similar size
- Robotic technology can support applications for a pharmacist verification exemption