Balance Medication Access and Security in the OR with XT Anesthesia Workstation
Anesthesia providers need easy access to medications in the operating room, yet pharmacy needs to keep medications secure. The Omnicell® XT Anesthesia Workstation™ is the answer. It allows fast access to medications while giving pharmacy an end-to-end solution that delivers effective oversight.
This automated anesthesia medication workstation securely stores all the medications and supplies needed for a full day of cases in one convenient place and automatically tracks inventory used, cutting hours of manual documentation. The pharmacy operational dashboard helps reconcile and manage the waste and transfer of medication.
Convenience for Anesthesia Providers
- New workflow features reduce time at the cabinet by 20%
- Unique breakaway bar enables emergency access to medications
- Advanced biometric ID provides fast, secure access
- High capacity storage helps prevent stockouts
Accountability for Pharmacy
- Real-time access to web-based operational dashboards
- Secures controlled substances 24/7
- Tracks inventory usage and expiration dates
- Streamlined investigation and auditing processes
New Epic Closed Loop Reconciliation
Available for Epic EHR users, our closed loop functionality automates the process for reconciling controlled substances used, wasted, or transferred to another provider – saving time for anesthesia providers and pharmacy alike.
Note: The XT Anesthesia Workstation is a Class 1 FDA Device.
Increases security and accountability of controlled substances
Increases patient safety—Syringe Label Printer reduces risk of unlabeled medications
Improves efficiency for pharmacy and anesthesia providers
Supports regulatory compliance and tighter chain of custody
Improves Inventory Management and Patient Safety
- Breakaway bar enables access to medications during emergencies, including power outages
- SafetyStock® Barcode Confirmation ensures accurate restocking
- Syringe Label Printer—prints colored labels as medication is removed to help prevent dangers of unlabeled syringes
- Barcoded syringe labels enable scanning directly into the EHR—improving safety (right dose, right patient), charge capture, and 340B program support.
- Users can easily transfer dispensed medications to other providers
- Variety of drawer types accommodate wide array of medications and supplies
- Can be customized with accessories such as sharps container, IV pole, tilt bins, and external return bin
- Microsoft® Windows® and updated Intel technology enhance reliability, security, and responsiveness
Improves Controlled Substance Management
- Military grade fingerprint bioID provides fast and secure access
- Eliminates risk and manual tracking associated with tackle boxes, backpacks, or fanny packs
- Single-dose locking drawers reduce controlled substance countback time
- Closed loop integration with Epic EHR provides automated controlled substance reconciliation process, tracking controlled substance use and waste
- New waste workflow for providers encourages 100% waste compliance
- Eliminates need to document in both the EHR and Anesthesia Workstation
- Eliminates zero waste documentation, which typically accounts for 80% of dispenses
- Part of the Omnicell Unity Enterprise Platform—integrates with other Omnicell automation systems and our Omnicell One™ intelligence solution, which includes advanced drug diversion monitoring
- Integration with Omnicell XT Controlled Substance Manager provides closed-loop inventory trail from dispense to restock
Integrated Syringe Label Printer
- A color label can be printed automatically when a medication is dispensed from the Anesthesia Workstation. Labels can also be printed on demand
- Decreases the risk of medication errors from unlabeled syringes, and helps to meet regulatory compliance
- Labels are designed in accordance with guidance from the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices
W x H x D: 50 x 63.5 x 30 in. (127 x 161.3 x 76.2 cm)
W=64 in. with user interface arm extended (162.6 cm)
With External Return Bin add 6.6 in. to width (16.77 cm)
With Fold-Out Shelf add 15 in. to width (38.1 cm)
With trash or Sharps Bin-Single Use add 7 in. to width (17.78 cm)
Omnicell is dedicated to providing maximum up-time and comprehensive product support. Please visit our Product Support page to learn more.