Rapid Response XT Cabinets for COVID-19
Omnicell is fast-tracking production and deployment of our XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets to aid healthcare facilities setting up supplemental patient care areas due to COVID-19. We have streamlined our ordering and installing process with preconfigured XT medication and supply cabinets to help you as quickly as possible.
Automated Dispensing Cabinets that Enable Smarter, Safer Medication Management
Managing medications is a critical part of patient care—you can't afford to waste time or make mistakes. Omnicell® XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets create a smarter, safer process for getting the right medication to the right patient, helping to improve the patient medication and healthcare experience.
- Increase medication safety and security through metal locking lid drawers and features like an integrated Medication Label Printer with barcoded labels
- More efficiently manage inventory with up to 30% greater capacity compared with similar ADC units on the market
- Easily expand or modify the automation system as your needs change
- Remove redundant workflow through advanced integration between the ADC and electronic health record (EHR) systems
- Ideal for acute and long-term care sites, XT offers more cabinet choices than other automated dispensing systems and includes a range of supply cabinets.
Automated Dispensing Solutions with Nurse-Friendly Innovations
- Unique automated dispensing solution for managing controlled substances without the need for countbacks at the ADC
- Automated method for managing patient-specific medications—30% decrease in missing doses
- Remote cabinet access for more efficient med passes—54% reduction in cabinet removal time—and increased safety due to fewer interruptions1
Integration Between Omnicell Automation and Intelligence Solutions
Unlike other automated dispensing systems that simply provide reports to sift through, the XT Automated Dispensing System is enhanced by a layer of data intelligence—Omnicell Essentials. The cloud-based Essentials dashboard quickly reveals medication inventory and drug diversion issues, pointing you to areas that need attention.
For pharmacies using our premier Omnicell One™ intelligence solution to improve inventory management, a unique workflow application is available for Omnicell XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets that helps optimize par levels and expiration date management.
1. Customer data on file.
"The new XT Series benefits us both on the nursing and pharmacy sides. The screen response time is much faster than the previous generation cabinets, which allows us to give time back to the staff for patient care."
John M. Rossi, PharmD, BCPS, MBA Director, Department of Pharmacy, Mount Nittany Medical Center
Reduce medication errors to improve patient safety and quality of care
Heighten medication security and diversion prevention
Increase nursing and pharmacy staff efficiency
Improve medication tracking and regulatory compliance
Reduce inventory costs and minimize impact of drug shortages
Unique Automated Dispensing Solutions
- Anywhere RN™ Remote Medication Management Software allows nurses to manage medications away from automated dispensing cabinets
- SinglePointe™ Patient Medication Management Software creates a safer, automated way to manage patient-specific medications
Inventory Management Support
- Up to 30% more capacity compared with similar ADC units on the market
- Shelf bins and IV shelf tray help optimally organize inventory at the point-of-care
- Comprehensive menu of standard and customizable reports
- Integrates with our Intelligence solutions to support improved inventory and diversion management
Functionality to Improve User Experience and Patient Safety
- Guiding Lights identify location of selected items
- Integrated Medication Label Printer with validated barcode
- Advanced fingerprint bioID system for fast, secure access
- SafetyStock® barcode scanning promotes medication safety
- Advanced integration with major EHR systems: Epic, Cerner, Siemens
- Controlled Substance Dispenser restricts access to narcotics and eliminates need for narcotic counts at the ADC through automated unit-dose dispensing
- Metal locking lid drawers help prevent tampering
- Closed Loop Dose Accountability integrates with EHR to improve controlled substance accountability
- Intelligence solutions provide diversion indicators and advanced diversion monitoring in easy-to-use dashboard formats
Advanced Technology Platform
- Remote access to server with seven years of live data easily accessible
- Up to 1,000 automated dispensing cabinets can be connected to a single server/database
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB with BitLocker Drive Encryption and updated Intel technology enhance reliability, security, and responsiveness
- Windows 10 operating system is supported for 10 years with XT Automated Dispensing System
- Proactive telemetry monitoring of key components maximizes uptime
*AcuDose-Rx systems in U.S. only
Omnicell XT Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinet Choices
- No other automated medication dispensing system offers more cabinet choices to meet the needs of acute and non-acute care sites.
- Medications and supplies can be combined in a single cabinet, adding convenience and saving space
- Drawers can easily be added or changed on-site as clinical needs change
For medication dispensing cabinet dimensions and drawer choices, download the Omnicell XT Specifications Sheet.
Omnicell is dedicated to providing maximum up-time and comprehensive product support. Please visit our Product Support page to learn more.
Securely store controlled substances in the automated dispensing cabinet, releasing each dose into special drawers for easy access and accountability.Learn more
Automatically manage patient-specific medications within automated dispensing cabinets and guide nurses to them with easy-to-follow lights.Learn more