TidalHealth Realizes Savings, Efficiency Gains with IV Compounding Service
TidalHealth was falling short of its goals for producing compounded sterile products (CSPs) using in-house IV automation. After switching to a new, advanced services model, pharmacy leaders accelerated realization of their CSP program goals.
- Increased CSP production 270%
- Increased type of IV products made 125%
- Saved $66,000 per quarter
- Increased patient safety
- Produced both IV bags and syringes
- Enhanced medication safety (minimize human touches)
- Applied best practices benefiting clinical support
- Reduced reliance on 503B vendors
- Introduced quarantine processes leading to BUD savings
"The analytics that come with the IV Compounding Service helps us to benchmark against ourselves and against our peers, which is really helpful in driving additional efficiencies and cost savings."
Rachel Cordrey, Pharmacy Supervisor