Improve inventory control and reduce errors
Our Central Pharmacy Dispensing Service is a turnkey, full service central pharmacy automation solution to improve inventory control, compliance, safety and efficiency.
Optimize performance and improve care
Automation is essential to improving patient and business outcomes in a modern hospital pharmacy. However, the daunting adoption process can deter pharmacies from taking medication management to the next level.
Our Central Pharmacy Dispensing Service changes that. This partnership with Omnicell offers not only the groundbreaking XR2 robotic system itself, but also operational staff, maintenance, and optimization support services.
Robotic pharmacy system and operational software, including periodic updates.
Routine maintenance and 24 7 technical assistance with level based up-time including tray exchanges to suit your evolving needs
Omnicell provides an on-site FTE expert to run the XR2 system in your facility.
Expert consultative services that help you unlock system data analytics to guide your central pharmacy strategy.
"I sit there sometimes and watch that thing pick, and I am amazed at what it does and how it does it. I’ve been a pharmacist for over 30 years. To see how far we’ve come is incredible."
Betsy Early, Director of Pharmacy, Sentara RMH Medical Center
"Rather than focusing on medication inventory work in the pharmacy, our staff can get out on the floor to interact with nurses, physicians, and patients from the point of admission to discharge, which will help lead to improved patient outcomes."
Glenn Huth, RPh, Director of Pharmacy Operations, Summa Health
Video: Why choose pharmacy technology as a service?
Watch this video for an overview of Omnicell’s full-service, subscription-based model that enables a clear, quick, path to improved outcomes with no capital investment.
Minimize discrepancies and eliminate human error through 100% barcode scanning.
Advanced algorithms ensure earliest expiring medications are picked first.
Unit dose and multidose dispensing capabilities support cartless and cartftill distribution strategies.
One-touch design reduces manual medication handling, minimizing the potential for errors and freeing up time pharmacists and technicians.
An extremely scalable and configurable architecture to meet your needs, fit your space, and expand as you grow.
Does not require time and expense of repackaging, and supports a variety of medical form factors.
Meet demand with maximum uptime and flexibility
The XR2 has remote monitoring capabilities that allow for diagnostic and predictive maintenance analytics. Year-round on-site preventive and remedial maintenance, including parts and labor, is included with the system. You can rely on the XR2 to be the core of your central pharmacy.
- Remote monitoring, diagnostics, and predictive analytics capabilities
- On-site preventive and remedial maintenance
- 24x7x365 Technical Assistance Center support
- Ongoing software updates, including bug fixes and security patches
- Maintain optimal tray configuration with flexible tray replacements
Free up hospital staff with on-site, expert support
Getting your staff trained and ready to safely and efficiently operate new technology can be a lengthy process that delays time-to-value.
Omnicell helps relieve this burden by including an on-site pharmacy technician who acts as an operator, instructor, inspector, and liaison for your XR2 system.
- Disseminates best practices to pharmacy staff
- Helps manage XR2 inventory and prepares new and returned medications for stocking
- Helps to track and manage expiration dates, max, and par levels
- Performs daily and periodic XR2 inspections
- Helps troubleshoot system issues and track resolution with Technical Assistance Center
Accelerate performance with optimization services
Realizing the full potential of complex automation requires close analysis of the powerful data produced by the system. Uncovering insights from this data is key to driving pharmacy efficiency and safety. As part of our solution, Omnicell experts help customers evaluate XR2 performance and suggest actions to improve performance.
- Evaluate dynamic inventory methodology relative to actual usage, including fill rates and efficiency trend reports.
- Assess storage tray utilization and incidence of high volume medications not assigned to XR2.
- Get recommendations to minimize waste through analysis of expired meds.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, including a review of wholesaler reordering activities evaluations of workflows.
Our expert implementation service will ensure you spend less time, effort, and resources getting the system up and running.
No need to hire, train, and certify technicians or operators.
Reduce impact on your existing staff, keeping them free to continue current duties.