Take a Revolutionary Approach to Central Pharmacy Medication Management
Manual and disjointed processes often prevent pharmacy staff from contributing to the care team. The new Omnicell® XR2 Automated Central Pharmacy System introduces groundbreaking technology for a more fully automated approach to medication inventory management—moving you toward the autonomous pharmacy. With fewer touchpoints, XR2 helps free the pharmacy for clinically focused initiatives.
The Omnicell XR2 system is extremely configurable and scalable so it can easily be tailored to meet your needs, fit your space, and expand as you grow.
- Supports both centralized and decentralized models
- Reduces handling of medications by technicians and pharmacists
- Reduces expired medication waste
- Provides comprehensive inventory automation-handles slow-movers as easily as fast-movers
"This is a game changer—we're just scratching the surface of what this system can do—and at less than three weeks in, the XR2 is already putting us in a better place than our previous automation ever had!"
Bill Thomas, CPhT, Pharmacy Team Coordinator, Sentara RMH Medical Center
Allows a meaningful shift from operational demands to clinical contributions that impact patient outcomes and efficiency
Eliminates human error through 100% barcode scanning
Enables more accurate management of inventory levels and minimizes discrepancies
- Supports up to 90% of non-IV and non-narcotic formulary in a variety of form factors: individual blisters, blister cards, vials, cups, packets, syringes, and others
- Does not require the time and expense of repackaging
- Stores 200% to 300% more doses compared with conventional pharmacy robots of similar size
- Robotic technology can support applications for a pharmacist verification exemption
Omnicell is dedicated to providing maximum up-time and comprehensive product support. Please visit our Product Support page to learn more.