A Smarter Way to Manage Patient-Specific Medications
With most automated dispensing systems, patient-specific, patient-supplied, or infrequently used items must be handled and tracked manually. This creates extra work for pharmacy and nursing-and impacts patient care.
SinglePointe® Patient Medication Management Software revolutionizes the way patient-specific medications are managed-greatly reducing the risk of loss, diversion, missing doses, and even potentially fatal medication errors.
SinglePointe is the only solution for handling up to 100% of a patient's medications within the automated dispensing cabinet. It automatically assigns each patient's medications to a patient-specific location in the cabinet, and nurses simply follow the Guiding Lights to remove the items.
Healthcare facilities have achieved1:
- 50% decrease in restock time
- 30% decrease in missing doses
- 80% decrease in returns/credits
- 76% decrease in potential medication errors
1 Based on Omnicell customer data
"SinglePointe software dedicates a bin for a specific solution for a specific patient, so the nurse on the next shift just goes to the bin and knows it is there."
Dave Hicks, RPh, MBA, Vice President and Chief Pharmacy Officer, University of Chicago Medical Center
Improves patient safety by ensuring medications are removed against a profiled order
Reduces expenses caused by misplaced or lost medications
Saves nurses time spent tracking down medications from multiple locations
Speeds availability of medications when patients transfer
Reduces the chances of discontinued medications being administered
Streamlines process for managing medications when patients are discharged
- Manages medications not typically stocked in the automated dispensing cabinet, such as patient-specific multi-use items (eye drops, creams, inhalers), IV admixtures, and patient's medications brought from home
- Automatically assigns each patient's medications to the automated dispensing cabinet, eliminating the manual bin load/unload process
- Controlled substances and high-value items are assigned to secure metal locking lid drawers
- Medications requiring refrigeration are assigned to refrigerators
- Tracks all patient-specific medications and provides a complete audit trail
- Restock levels are calculated automatically based on actual usage
- Integrated Medication Label Printer on Omnicell cabinet provides labels for patient-specific items
- Removal of discontinued medications is automated, enhancing patient safety
- Supports cartfill, cartless, or hybrid models of medication distribution
Improved Process for Transferred and Discharged Patients
- Transferred patients—Establishes efficient process to remove their medications and assign them to the new cabinet during the restock process
- Discharged patients—Streamlines workflow for removing and tracking medications remaining in the dispensing cabinet, which helps resolve potential billing discrepancies
Mobile: OC-Care App