Setting new standards with robotic IV insourcing solution
"The smart pump project was the trigger point that changed our view of IV robotics and how we could use it. For us, it was the project where need and technology meet."
The challenge facing Gee Mathen and his Willow Team: Ensure constant availability of standardized IV products for pediatric patients to meet continuous infusion requirements for smart pump-EMR interoperability.
The team’s solution was to bring sterile compounding in house using the technology, tools, and technicians provided by Omnicell's Central Pharmacy IV Compounding Service . The insourcing center is located in the main hospital and serves all Texas Children’s acute care facilities.
- Central Pharmacy IV Compounding Service
- Omnicell XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets
- Performance Center
- Omnicell Analytics
- Pandora Analytics
- XR2 Automated Central Pharmacy System
- XT Anesthesia Workstation
- XT Controlled Substance Manager
- SinglePointe Patient Medication Management
- Anywhere RN Remote Medication Management
- Pharmacy Carousel
- Medication Packager
Texas Children's Hospital
- Staff beds795
- Affiliated Physicians1,793
- Physician Group2
- Imaging Center8
- Urgent Care Clinic13