Insourcing IV preparation ensures quality, cost savings.
Huntsville Hospital, a 941-bed facility serving northern Alabama and southern Tennesee, looked to IV automation to drive a consistent, reliable process to support patient safety and to lower medication costs.
IV compounds are often high cost and high risk. Having increased control of sterile compounding is enabling Huntsville to provide optimal care to their patients while lowering costs.
Another benefit of in-house production: Your pharmacy may provide compounding services to partner facilities, potentially adding a new revenue source for your facility.
- Increased patient safety
- Reduced IV medication costs
- Improved operational efficiency
- Realized ROI
- Control over the quality and quantity of IV dose preparation
- Extended BUD (beyond use dating) for IV products
- Ensure confidence in safety
- Lowered costs of sterility testing
- 100% of transactions scanned
- 100% dose accountability
- 83% faster ordering
"“Omnicell’s i.v.STATION™ not only met Huntsville’s safety and efficiency needs, but the lower cost and smaller size of the robot offered more flexibility in configuring the clean room.” "
Berkley Sykes, PharmD, Pharmacy Manager for Sterile Product Services