IV robotics produces reliable source of ready-to-administer (RTA) syringes at Moses Cone
Moses H. Cone is a 625-bed, acute-care hospital, the flagship institution of the five-hospital Cone Health located in Greensboro, NC. Like many healthcare providers, supply chain disruptions left it feeling vulnerable. Drug shortages, cost spikes, shipping delays, recalls, and other factors have a profound effect on the ability to take care of patients.
In order to take control of and protect its supply chain, Moses Cone conducted a detailed evaluation and subsequent implementation strategy for IV robotic insourcing of compounded sterile products.
- Enhanced patient safety
- Reduced IV medication costs—50% cost savings for select IV preparations
- Improved operational efficiency
- Stabilized supply chain of RTA drugs
- Regained control over the quality and quantity of IV dose preparation
- Significant decreases in drug waste
- Improved turnaround times in many OR case procedures
- Prevented prep work by anesthesiologist/CRNAs
- Extended BUD for select IV products
"IV robotic insourcing allows us to protect our supply chain, to continue providing ready-to-administer products, and to avoid switching to other products requiring manipulation that could be less safe."
Kevin N. Hansen, PharmD, MS, BCPS, BCSCP, Assistant Director of Pharmacy, Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital