One of the greatest drains on a nurse’s time is the tedious narcotic counts at the automated dispensing cabinet—and the inevitable recounts to resolve discrepancies. Not only does this task keep a nurse away from patients, but it also contributes to congestion at the cabinet, which puts other nurses behind.
Introducing Our Next Generation Automated Unit Dose Dispensing
Omnicell has long been the only company to offer fully automated unit dose dispensing, which eliminates the need for tedious narcotic counts—and the time it takes to resolve discrepancies. Now this unique functionality just got better. The robust design of the new Controlled Substance Dispenser—our completely reengineered unit dose dispensing system—offers even greater accuracy and efficiency.
- Saves nursing time—simple and fast controlled substance workflow
- Saves pharmacy time spent resolving discrepancies
- Discourages diversion and increases security of controlled substances
Spend Time Caring, Not Counting
The Controlled Substance Dispenser stores medications in a separate, secured location in the automated dispensing cabinet and dispenses each dose individually, similar to a vending machine.
1 Assumes a three-hospital health system in which each hospital has 300-350 beds and system processes 13,000 doses per day. Omnicell customers have estimated that about 30% of all doses are controlled substances. Additional data available from Omnicell.
- Eliminates manual counts to confirm remaining inventories of controlled substances, saving hours of nursing time each day
- By electronically tracking each dose, the system also spares nurses from additional manual documentation
- Can save thousands in labor costs—a small health system could save over 11,000 hours and nearly $422,000 annually1
- Handles high volume in minimal cabinet footprint
- Accommodates a variety of dosage forms—versatile solution