Help Me Choose
Automated Dispensing Cabinets
Considered the most important pharmacy technology used today, automated dispensing cabinets play a critical role in medication safety and nurse efficiency.
It’s the ongoing dilemma. Anesthesia providers need instant access to medications, but pharmacy wants tighter control. With Omnicell medication workstations designed for the operating room you can have both.
Disparate healthcare systems create disjointed workflow and extra steps for caregivers. In order to increase efficiency and prevent errors, healthcare providers increasingly need interoperability between systems.
Optimizing Your Medication Distribution Strategy
For health systems that include 340B covered entities, maintaining the required audit trail for inventory dispensed through a central location can be a challenge, especially for hospitals subject to GPO prohibition. With Performance Center, health systems are able to optimize their medication distribution strategy for their hospitals, including 340B covered entities, to achieve significant financial and operational benefits, including:
- Increased volume of medication inventory processed through centralized services
- Better visibility to 340B program compliant inventory, eliminating need to manually process separate physical and separate virtual inventory
- Guidance for replenishment requests based on reorder points, minimizing manual processes for reordering
- Documented audit trail as medications move between locations, proving compliance with GPO prohibition
- Automated data capture to minimize impact on staff