Help Me Choose
Automated Dispensing Cabinets
Considered the most important pharmacy technology used today, automated dispensing cabinets play a critical role in medication safety and nurse efficiency.
It’s the ongoing dilemma. Anesthesia providers need instant access to medications, but pharmacy wants tighter control. With Omnicell medication workstations designed for the operating room you can have both.
Disparate healthcare systems create disjointed workflow and extra steps for caregivers. In order to increase efficiency and prevent errors, healthcare providers increasingly need interoperability between systems.
By accepting Omnicell Website Terms and Conditions, you are confirming that you have read and understand this Policy including how and why we use your personal data. Omnicell is not responsible for the content or privacy policies or practices of third-party websites or applications.
Omnicell Website Terms and Conditions require all users to be at least 18 years of age. You are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by individuals under the age of 18 on your account or on your behalf.
Privacy laws and regulations in certain countries, including the rights of governmental authorities to access your personal data, may differ from those in the country in which you reside or are located when using Omnicell’s services. Omnicell will only transfer personal data to governmental entities when authorized by the laws of the countries in which such transfers of personal data occur.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal data you provide to us in the following instances:
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect personal data at such other points on our site and applications that expressly state that personal data is being collected.
Information Collected Via Technology
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected.
- Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”) data, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information for purposes including analyzing trends, Site administration, tracking users’ movements around the Site and tailoring our Services to our users’ needs. Except as noted in this Policy, we do not link this automatically collected data to personaldata.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, collect, share, and otherwise process personal data for the purposes described in this Policy or as disclosed to you on our Sites or in connection with our services. We only collect the minimum amount of personal data needed to perform the specific processing activity for which the personal data was collected.
We may use your information for purposes including:
- operating and improving our Sites, products, and services;
- understanding you and your preferences in order to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products, and services;
- responding to your comments and questions and providing customer service;
- providing and delivering the products and services you request;
- sending you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicating with you regarding new contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Omnicell and our selected partners; or
- linking or combining your personal data with other personal data we obtain from third parties without personally identifying you to such third parties in order to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
We may create anonymized data records from personal data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymized data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our products and services and improve Site navigation. Omnicell reserves the right to use anonymized data for any purpose and disclose anonymized data to third parties in our sole discretion.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information We Share
We disclose your personal data as described below and as described elsewhere in this Policy and additionally reserve the right to share your personal data when you have consented to the processing and have the ability to unilaterally revoke such consent at any time or have expressly made such information public or for the following purposes:
- performance of the contractual obligations in our Omnicell Website Terms and Conditions and in order to provide the services to you;
- serving our legitimate interests and those of third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers
- compliance with a legal obligation or judicial or administrative order or in the course of judicial or administrative proceedings;
- protecting the rights and property of Omnicell and our agents, customers, and third parties including, but not limited to, the right to enforce our agreements, policies, and terms and conditions;
- protecting the personal safety and property of Omnicell, its customers, or any other third party;
- providing or improving our services and the safety and security of our services, websites, and applications including facilitating identification and authentication, targeted online and offline marketing, for general research and aggregate reporting, customization of website and application customer experiences;
- enabling third parties to perform services on behalf of Omnicell including, but not limited to, payment processing, research, analytics, and security; or
- facilitating the negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all, or a portion of our business or assets to another company. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another entity acquires our company, business, or assets, that entity will possess the personal data collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy.
Omnicell will at all times honor the rights to which you are entitled by to the laws of the country, state, province, territory, or commonwealth in which you reside or are located when using our services with regards to your personal data. Depending on your location, such rights may include: (i) data access and portability (including the right to obtain a copy of personal data you provide to Omnicell); (ii) data correction; (iii) data deletion; and (iv) withdrawal of consent for processing and sharing of data.
You may exercise the rights to which you are entitled by such applicable laws by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Omnicell will not disclose your personal data to third parties without your express, revocable consent except as specified in this policy.
A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
If you are a non-U.S. user of the Site, not residing or located in a Member State of the European Union, by visiting the Site and providing us with personal data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal data may be processed for the purposes identified in the Policy. In addition, your personal data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal data may be less stringent than or otherwise differ from the laws of the country in which you reside or are located when using our services. By providing your personal data, you consent to such transfers.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
The United States, the Member States of the European Union (“EU”) and the other countries forming together with the EU the European Economic Area (EEA) s, and other countries all have different laws. When your personal data is transferred from the country in which you reside or are located when using our services to another country, the laws that govern your personal data in the country to which your personal data is transferred may be different from those in the country in which you live.
EU-U.S. AND SWISS – U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD
Omnicell and its U.S. subsidiaries, Omnicell International, Inc., Omnicell SAS, Aesynt Holdings, Inc., Aesynt Incorporated, Dixie Drawl, LLC d/b/a InPharmics, Medpak Holdings, Inc., MTS Medication Technologies, Inc., MTS Packing Systems, Inc., and ateb, Inc. participate in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US. Privacy Shield. Omnicell is committed to treating all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, in accordance with the applicable principles of the respective Framework. Omnicell adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website. https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
Omnicell is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and may subsequently transfer to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Omnicell complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Omnicell is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Omnicell may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Omnicell commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Omnicell at: email@example.com.
Omnicell has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact this third party dispute resolution agency at: JAMS JAMS Mediation, Arbitration, ADR Services 620 8th Ave, 34th Floor, New York, NY 10018 https://www.jamsadr.com/
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Rules and Responsibilities. Company processes personal data in accordance with the controller’s direction and any applicable law and in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it has been collected and takes reasonable steps to ensure that such personal data is reliable for its intended use, and is accurate, complete, and current. Omnicell ensures that only personal data of its users which are necessary for each specific purpose of the processing activity are processed.
DPO APPOINTMENT AND SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
Omnicell has appointed 2B Advice Gmbh located at Joseph-Schumpeter-Allee 25, 53227 Bonn, Germany as its external Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) for its affiliates located in the EU. The DPO can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are residing, or located, in an EU Member State, you may also contact your local supervisory authority, the government agency charged with the enforcement of privacy laws, for information about your rights as a data subject and, in certain circumstances, seek redress for violations of your privacy rights. Contact information for the respective supervisory authorities can be found at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
HIPAA AND HEALTH PRIVACY LAWS
Omnicell’s handling of information subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is governed by our HIPAA Statement which is available on the Omnicell website.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Omnicell is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use security technologies and procedures that we believe to be reasonably adequate to protect your personal data from loss, unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, but cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Omnicell will retain your personal data only for the duration necessary pursuant to the purposes set out in this Policy.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal data with third parties by emailing email@example.com.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our site.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any material changes in the way we use your personaldata, we will notify you by sending you an email to the last email address you provided to us and/or by posting notice of the changes on our Site. Any changes to this Policy will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an email notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your personal data to provide us with your most current email address. In the event that the last email address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the email containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Continued use of our ite or service, following notice of such changes after such emails are sent shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.