Help Me Choose
Automated Dispensing Cabinets
Considered the most important pharmacy technology used today, automated dispensing cabinets play a critical role in medication safety and nurse efficiency.
It’s the ongoing dilemma. Anesthesia providers need instant access to medications, but pharmacy wants tighter control. With Omnicell medication workstations designed for the operating room you can have both.
Disparate healthcare systems create disjointed workflow and extra steps for caregivers. In order to increase efficiency and prevent errors, healthcare providers increasingly need interoperability between systems.
SupplyX Inventory Management System and VBM 200F Multimed Automation Headline Latest Technologies on Display
Mountain View, California
Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and adherence tools for healthcare systems and pharmacies, today announced it will be featuring its industry leading medication management automation platform and product portfolio at the Arab Health Exhibition and Congress from 29 January - 1 February in Dubai. Arab Health is the largest gathering of healthcare and trade professionals in the Middle East region. Featured products include Omnicell® SupplyX - an innovative cloud-enabled supply management system that provides real-time inventory monitoring, remote supply management, and comprehensive patient cost capture - and the Omnicell VBM 200F - the only available small footprint automated pharmacy solution that efficiently and accurately packages and verifies medication in SureMed® by Omnicell® medication packaging.
Omnicell SupplyX software gives the flexibility to manage supplies anywhere in the hospital either in an open shelf environment or through supporting automated dispensing cabinets or RFID systems. Additional benefits include better implant tracking through lot and serial tracking, and usage capture and visibility to the actions needed to reduce stockouts or over-ordering inventory. The Omnicell VBM 200F - a leading-edge automated multimed packing solution - reduces manual labor, cuts operational costs, and diminishes the probability of human error. The VBM 200F, in conjunction with Omnicell's SureMed blister cards, helps pharmacists improve medication adherence, which can result in better patient outcomes.
Additional solutions to be displayed in the Omnicell booth, Hall 2 Stand D10, include:
• XT Series Automated Medication and Supply Dispensing Cabinets, which help improve workflow efficiency, medication accountability, and patient safety through the latest hardware technology and smart software features including interoperability with EHR systems. Omnicell's automated dispensing cabinets have received the highest ranking from KLAS for 11 years in a row.
• XT Series Anesthesia Workstation, which includes the benefits of Windows 10, balances the instant access to medications anesthesia providers want with medication security the pharmacy needs.
• Omnicell Robotic Dispensing Solution, which provides accurate and efficient simultaneous loading and dispensing of medications. This modular system consists of Omnicell's Medimat storage and dispensing unit, a highspeed channel dispensing system, and an automated filling system.
• Omnicell Analytics software, which can reduce the time needed to audit clinician transactions at the automated dispensing cabinets and helps facilitate documentation of suspected diversion. Shortening the time it takes to detect a diversion incident helps reduce risk to both patients and institutions.
• Interoperability with Cerner and Epic electronic health record (EHR) systems, which helps improve medication management and safety, decreases time to administer medications to patients, and increases nurse satisfaction.
• Anywhere RN™, a web-based application that lets nurses remotely perform medication management tasks physically remote from the automated dispensing cabinet.
"Omnicell strives to improve healthcare for all with smart and industry leading technology," said Arthur Van Dongen, general manager, International at Omnicell. "We care passionately about patients, and work to provide our customers with the latest technology to reduce the risk of human error, improve patient safety, simplify workflow, and decrease costs."