Spend Time Caring, Not Counting
Tedious narcotic counts at the automated dispensing cabinet keep nurses away from more important tasks. Omnicell offers the leading fully automated unit dose narcotics dispensing system, which eliminates the need for countbacks and the time it takes to resolve discrepancies.
The Controlled Substance Dispenser stores medications in a secured area in the automated dispensing cabinet and dispenses each dose into a special drawer where nurses can easily access it.
- Simple and fast controlled substance workflow saves hours of nursing time each day
- Saves pharmacy time spent resolving discrepancies
- Discourages diversion and increases security of controlled substances
"If a nurse needs one dose of morphine, she gets one dose only....We'll no longer need nurses to count controlled substances at the end of their shifts"
Dave Hicks, RPh, MBA, Vice President and Chief Pharmacy Officer, University of Chicago Medical Center
Increases control and security of controlled substances, high-risk, and high-value medications
Nurses have access to only the selected dose
Improves nurse and pharmacy efficiency by eliminating nursing countbacks and discrepancy resolution
Supports compliance with Joint Commission, FDA, and other regulatory standards
- Can be configured into a variety of Omnicell® cabinet sizes
- Accommodates a variety of dosage forms: oral solids, vials, syringes, and ampules
- High capacity: holds over 1,500 individual doses
- Automatically rotates inventory on a first-in, first-out basis
Mobile: OC-Care App
Streamline medication workflow and close gaps in safety through our renowned medication automation systems.Learn more