Omnicell’s Industry-Leading Medication Management Automation Platform and Solutions to Be Featured at HIMSS18
Omnicell, Inc., (NASDAQ: OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and adherence tools for healthcare systems and pharmacies, will feature its award-winning platform of solutions at the HIMSS18 Conference & Exhibition, taking place March 5-9 in Las Vegas. Omnicell's industry-leading medication management platform leverages automation and predictive analytics to improve patient safety, simplify workflows, and decrease costs across health systems.
According to a recent report from the PwC Health Research Institute, three-quarters of healthcare executives plan to invest in artificial and predictive intelligence in the next three years. [i]Although applying these technologies to medication management in the hospital can help reduce the impact of drug shortages and price increases, only 20 percent of respondents believe they have the ability to implement and achieve success with this technology. Omnicell helps healthcare facilities maximize the benefits of such technology investments, leveraging real-time, cloud-based reporting, analytics, and benchmarking to drive more strategic decision making, while freeing up time for healthcare providers to refocus from administrative tasks to making clinical contributions.
Omnicell's analytics tools and workflow solutions will be on display at HIMSS18 in booth #1629. These include:
- Omnicell Performance Center™improves business and patient outcomes by combining a cloud-based predictive intelligence platform with ongoing optimization services. This unique approach helps improve medication management by monitoring data across the health system and recommending actions to help optimize medication inventory, proactively manage medication shortages and expiration risk, and reduce overall medication expense.
- Omnicell Analyticsis an easy-to-use, web-based diversion analytics software, designed to transform real-time data into actionable insight to help detect potential drug diversion more efficiently. XT Series Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinetshelp improve workflow efficiency, medication accountability, and patient safety through the latest hardware technology and smart software features, including interoperability with leading electronic health record (EHR) systems, diversion analytics and comprehensive controlled substance management. Omnicell's automated dispensing cabinets have received the highest ranking from KLAS for 12 years in a row. For the first time at HIMSS, Omnicell will be featuring the recently announced Omnicell®XR2 Automated Central Pharmacy Systemand Omnicell IVX Workflow. The XR2 system uses robotic technology to eliminate numerous manual tasks, allowing pharmacy to redirect resources to clinical activities that have meaningful impacts on patient outcomes. By automating critical workflows in the central pharmacy, XR2 helps drive efficiencies, minimize human error, and enable more accurate management of inventory levels.
- IVX Workflow is an innovative sterile compounding workflow solution that incorporates integrated barcode scanning, gravimetric or volumetric verification, advanced image recognition, photo documentation, and label printing as part of a compact all-in-one package. It is designed to support safe, accurate, and streamlined IV sterile compounding. IVX Workflow is powered by Omnicell®IVX Cloud, a web-based software suite designed to manage all aspects of IV compounding workflow operation across a hospital or health system.
In addition, Omnicell will be hosting a reception and panel discussion titled “Digital Transformation Using Interoperability, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics in the Healthcare Environment with the Impact on Medication Safety” on Tuesday, March 6 from 6 p.m. 8 p.m. at the Venetian Sands Convention Center, Room 201.
Scheduled panelists include:
- Dr. Shafiq Rab, MD Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Rush University Medical Center
- Dennis DeMasie Vice President, Information Technology, Chief Information Officer, Rush Copley
- Dr. Eric A. Williams, MD Chief Medical Information Officer, Texas Children's Hospital
- Gee Mathen Assistant Director Application and Technical Services Pharmacy, Texas Children's Hospital
- Glenn George Applications Architect, Texas Children's Hospital
Moderated by: Ken Perez Vice President of Healthcare Policy, Omnicell
Omnicell's Performance Center will also be featured in the Interoperability Showcase, located on Level 1 in Hall G. Omnicell will partner with Epic, B Braun, GuardRFID, and Philips in a Use Case titled “Diabetes and Cardiovascular Risk Factors.”The case follows individuals with multiple comorbidities, such as diabetes and heart disease, as they face challenges moving through the healthcare system.
“As hospitals continue to look for ways to raise the level of care, we are proud to offer our hospitals and health system partners a broad portfolio leveraging the latest innovative technologies that can be integrated throughout their facilities,” said Nhat H. Ngo, executive vice president, marketing, strategy & business development at Omnicell. “We're excited to be at HIMSS18 and showcase how we can work with healthcare providers to reduce manual processes, allowing them to maximize their resources and help positively impact patient outcomes.”
[i] Healthcare IT News. “Here are the 12 healthcare issues that will define 2018, according to PwC.” (Accessed 2/15/18). http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/here-are-12-healthcare-issues-will-define-2018-according-pwc