Omnicell to Supply Medication Automation to Major U.S. Cancer Center
The implementation of
- OmniRx® automated medication dispensing cabinets (ADCs), including the integrated Medication Label Printer that allows nurses to print patient-specific labels right from the ADC during medication issue. The ADCs also include the Touch & Go™ advanced biometric ID system, designed to improve efficiency and security.
- Controlled Substance Manager (CSM) designed to improve the management of narcotics throughout the continuum of care. CSM provides perpetual inventory management and an automated audit trail to help the pharmacy comply with regulatory standards. It includes a time-saving purchasing platform to automate the medication ordering with distributors and the
Drug Enforcement Administration'sControlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS).
- OmniDispenser™ is a high security single dose dispensing module designed for controlled substance storage. OmniDispenser dispenses each dose individually, virtually eliminating the need for countbacks.
- Anywhere RN™ remote medication management software, a unique web-based application that allows nurses to remotely access the
Omnicelldispensing cabinets at their convenience from virtually any hospital workstation, to streamline workflow and minimize interruptions that can lead to medication administration errors.
- SinglePointe™ patient medication management software, which handles and secures up to 100 percent of a patient's medications within the automated dispensing cabinets to improve pharmacy and nursing workflow efficiency and reduce the chance for medication errors or missed doses.
- Medication Carousel, an automated pharmacy retrieval system that integrates with WorkflowRx™ software for comprehensive medication inventory management.
- WorkflowRx™, a server-based pharmacy inventory management software program that integrates with the Medication Carousel and automates the ordering, receiving, stocking and picking processes.
"We are extremely proud to be working with Memorial Sloan Kettering and supporting their world class clinical care teams with solutions that enable the best possible care," said
More than 3,000 customers worldwide have utilized Omnicell Automation and Analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety. Omnicell Medication Adherence solutions, including its MTS Medication Technologies brand, provide innovative medication adherence packaging solutions to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. In addition, these solutions enable approximately 6,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
For more information about
Omnicellnews releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com. Omnicell, the Omnicelllogo design, and OmniRx are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.OmniDispenser, Anywhere RN, SinglePointe, and WorkflowRx, are trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omnicell-to-supply-medication-automation-to-major-us-cancer-center-300025234.html
News Provided by Acquire Media