MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and adherence tools for healthcare systems and pharmacies, today announced it will be showcasing a broad range of products to support efficient medication management and safety at this year's American Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2017 Summer Meeting, to be held in Minneapolis from June 3-7.
In addition to displaying a broad range of solutions, Omnicell will host a Q&A session with Matthew J. Kelm, PharmD, MHA, Associate Chief Pharmacy Officer - Inpatient Pharmacy Services at Duke University Hospital at its booth on Tuesday June 6, from 11:30 am- 1:00 pm CT. Dr. Kelm will be there to answer questions about Duke's success in implementing Omnicell® XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets.
"Partnering with Omnicell in the development of the new XT cabinet gave our team an in-depth opportunity to understand and appreciate the many enhancements the new platform offers, many of which improve workflow efficiency and medication accountability," Dr. Kelm said.
Omnicell's medication and supply management solutions promote safe, secure, and efficient operations, whether for a large health system or critical access hospital. Omnicell technology is designed to streamline workflow for frontline care teams as well as increase patient safety and satisfaction—ultimately contributing to the healthcare institution's bottom line.
A broad range of Omnicell solutions will be on display at booth #631, including:
- XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets, which feature state-of-the-art hardware technology, brighter Guiding Lights for guiding users to selected medications, and 50% more capacity compared with similar units on the market to help optimize inventory and minimize stockouts. The new generation Controlled Substance Dispenser provides automated single-dose dispensing to help prevent drug diversion while virtually eliminating the need for narcotic countbacks.
- IV Automation, robotic and workflow sterile compounding solutions designed to enhance patient safety, dose accuracy, and compliance while reducing costs.
- Performance Center, a unique approach that combines enterprise software solutions with ongoing expert services to proactively monitor pharmacy operations and recommend actionable insights for improved operational efficiency, regulatory compliance and patient outcomes.
- Omnicell Analytics, a web-based diversion analytics tool that streamlines the process of managing potential drug diversion across a health system.
- Central Pharmacy Manager, software that provides real-time inventory data, tracks usage, and helps optimize inventory levels to better coordinate the flow of medications.
"We are proud to showcase our advanced medication and supply management solutions at ASHP Summer and further collaborate with our pharmacy partners and their colleagues," said Joe Lynch, vice president, Marketing at Omnicell. "As we continue to build on our relationships with our partners, we are pleased to have Dr. Kelm from Duke University Hospital available to answer questions about how Omnicell is impacting their hospital operations and how the XT cabinets have transformed their approach to medication management."
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on improving care across the entire healthcare continuum—from the acute care hospital setting, to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities, to the patient's home.
Over 4,000 customers worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety.
Omnicell's innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Recent Omnicell acquisitions, including Ateb, add distinct capabilities, particularly in central pharmacy, IV robotics, and pharmacy software, creating the broadest medication management product portfolio in the industry.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell and the Omnicell logo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/omnicell-showcases-portfolio-of-award-winning-medication-management-solutions-at-annual-ashp-summer-meeting-300467030.html
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.