Augusta University Health Selects Omnicell’s Industry-Leading Medication Management Portfolio to Support Newly Redesigned Pharmacy
Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ:OMCL) today announced that Augusta University Health (AU Health), based in Augusta, Ga., has selected Omnicell’s comprehensive, industry-leading medication management platform to help enhance financial performance and operational efficiency, while supporting patient care at their main campus location, Augusta University Medical Center. These innovative solutions will support an enterprise-wide approach to medication management from the central pharmacy and IV rooms to hospital floors and procedural areas.
A 2018 survey reported that 98 percent of healthcare executives believe that automation will be important for helping to close gaps in patient care throughout the healthcare landscape.1
“By adding this new technology across our hospital, we will have the ability to better track medication inventory and streamline provider workflows, helping to ensure our patients receive timely and appropriate care,” said Richard Burrell, RPh., MBA, administrative director of pharmacy at Augusta University Medical Center.
Omnicell solutions chosen by AU Health include:
- Omnicell® Performance Center™, a cloud-based predictive intelligence suite of solutions supported by ongoing optimization services that leverages medication usage data to help improve patient and provider outcomes.
- XR2 Automated Central Pharmacy System, groundbreaking technology that automates critical workflows to maximize inventory control, improve efficiency, and help increase medication safety.
- IVX Workflow and Robotic IV Insourcing Solution (RIIS™), innovative workflow and robotic technology, including i.v.STATION non-hazardous and i.v.STATION ONCO hazardous compounding automation, solutions that help improve dose accuracy while reducing cost of sterile compounding operations.
- XT Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets, designed to improve workflow efficiency, medication accountability, and patient safety in patient care areas.
- Omnicell Analytics, web-based diversion analytics software, which integrates with automated dispensing cabinets and other Omnicell automation to enable a more effective and efficient way to monitor for potential drug diversion.
“AU Health’s decision to leverage Omnicell’s comprehensive approach to medication management and single platform solution will optimize hospital staff time to better support patient care,” said Scott Seidelmann, chief commercial officer at Omnicell. “We’re proud to partner with leaders at AU Health to help them improve their processes and deliver the best possible care to their patients.”
About Augusta University Health
Based in Augusta, Georgia, and affiliated with Augusta University, AU Health is Georgia's only public academic health center, where world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today. With physicians consistently ranked among the nation's best, AU Health provides the most comprehensive routine to complex care at the region's only Level 1 Trauma center, Children's Hospital of Georgia, and more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics across the state. http://www.augustahealth.org
1Staff, HITC. “Survey: Automated Patient Experiences Will Transform the Delivery of Care.” Healthcare IT News, 10 Mar. 2018, hitconsultant.net/2018/03/09/automated-healthcare-patient-experience-survey/.