Improve Workflow with Anesthesia Workstation and Epic Anesthesia Integration
For years, Omnicell Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets have had direct integration with key EHR systems—Epic and Cerner. Our interoperability solutions create greater efficiency by removing redundant steps from nursing and pharmacy workflow.
Now we’ve introduced integration between the Omnicell XT Anesthesia Workstation™ and Epic Anesthesia module.
With this integration, when a medication is removed and scanned from XT Anesthesia Workstation it is autopopulated in the Epic Anesthesia chart in real time.
- For anesthesia providers, this eliminates the need to separately identify the item within the Epic Anesthesia application—they simply scan the item once and the item is entered in both systems.
- For pharmacists, it means the NDC item data will also be sent to Epic for more accurate billing.
Scanning the item in XT Anesthesia Workstation provides another benefit: A color label can be printed automatically (with optional integrated printer) to decrease the risk of medication errors from unlabeled syringes.
Minimum Requirements for Integration
- Epic EHR November 2018 Release
- Omnicell software 21.0 or above
- 2019 version of the Omnicell RXC interface (HL7)