Think About Supporting Staff
Associate Chief Pharmacy Officer,
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Reacting to senior leader directives to expand COVID service areas with short notice
- Making sure these areas are added to automation appropriately for inventory supply and management
- Managing communications streams from various sources
- Maintaining a source of truth for staff
- Daily departmental leader huddles following senior leader updates to spread the message and get updates on pharmacy specific issues
- A tip from others on the east coast - be thinking about how to support staff proactively with things like maintaining good infection control practices with code carts, tube stations, deliveries to COVID positive areas, etc.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. Assumptions made in the analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity other than the author(s). These views are always subject to change, revision, and rethinking at any time and may not be held in perpetuity.