Performance Center Creates a Better Way to Optimize Your XT Cabinets
For customers who have Omnicell® XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets, the Operational Insights functionality of Performance Center™ now includes an XT optimization service. This service provides recommendations to help you right-size medication inventory and reduce expired medications in the cabinets.
XT optimization includes a workflow application that enables you to review, select, and implement inventory optimization opportunities with a few simple clicks.
How XT Optimization Works
- Performance Center’s cloud-based predictive intelligence platform identifies opportunities for inventory reduction and soon-to-expire medications from across the health system, and can recommend other areas to shift medication to.
- Performance Center Strategists apply their domain knowledge of pharmacy and your institution to assign opportunities that meet your unique needs.
- The Pharmacy Administrator reviews the curated opportunities and determines which ones to move forward with.
Automated Dispensing Cabinet
- If a par level change opportunity is accepted, the min and max settings are automatically applied to the XT cabinet. Removing manual steps through functions like this is one small example of how Omnicell is building on our vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy.
- If a soon-to-expire medication opportunity is accepted, the location to move that medication to is identified, such as a different XT cabinet within the health system or hospital.
- Any excess or expired inventory that needs to be removed from the XT cabinets is noted in the system so the technician can complete the work.
Customers using the XT optimization workflow software have stated that it makes it easy and efficient to implement and track the status of the opportunities. And the opportunities themselves are yielding significant savings for our Performance Center customers. An academic medical center in the Midwest has realized over $230,000 in savings in the first few months of using the application, primarily through inventory reduction.
About Performance Center
Omnicell Performance Center is a combination of expert services and real-time software designed to improve pharmacy operations. With Performance Center, a dedicated team of data analysts leverage a cloud-based predictive intelligence platform to identify specific opportunities for change.
Some areas that can be targeted include:
- Reducing inventory spend
- More effective management of shortages
- Improving compliance, including 340B and DSCSA
- Analysis of medication use versus cost and outcomes
- More robust drug diversion monitoring