Torrance Memorial’s EHR-ADC interoperability leads to gains in safety, efficiency
Nurses gained more time for patient care and reduced medication discrepancies with interoperability between their EHR and the Omnicell XT Automated Medication Dispensing System.
- Reduced nurse med retrieval time 52%
- Reduced waste discrepancies 78%
- Achieved up to 80% nurse adoption
- Eliminated need for HL7 customization
- Enhanced nursing-pharmacy communication
- Enhanced medication safety (minimize human touches)
- Gained more time for patient care
- Eliminated redundant nurse workflow
"The remote waste feature was an absolute game changer. Nurses don’t have to hunt for a witness and meet at the cabinet to document a waste. They can do it right at their workstations on wheels."
"Our pharmacy technicians also use the mPage to interact with nurses. They review the mPage to verify stock in the unit or an alternate Omnicell cabinet in the unit. They can then message back on the med request, which is part of Cerner’s Enhanced Medication Request functionality."
Sharon Higgins, RPh, Clinical Informatics