Cape Regional Doubles Down on Medication Dispensing Robotics
Cape Regional pharmacy leaders partnered with nursing, finance, and hospital administration to lead a detailed assessment of their medication distribution model. Their analysis led them to adopt next-generation central pharmacy robotic technology.
- Reduced repacking by 90%
- Maintained pharmacist checking at 5%
- Consolidated all pharmacy automation systems on the OmniCenter platform
- Enhanced medication safety (minimize human touches)
- Supported nursing’s patient care model
- Maximized pharmacist clinical time
- Introduced labor certainty
"First and foremost, with XR2 we gained an important safety feature by significantly reducing repacking touches by techs and pharmacists. Ordering direct from the manufacturer in unit dose form eliminates a huge hole in the Swiss cheese for potential medication errors. That’s a big advantage. "
"With the XR2 cart fill model, we’re better able to predict technician labor costs for the next 10 years than if we had gone with a different medication distribution model that requires more labor."
Richard J. Artymowicz, PharmD, Director of Pharmacy Services and Administrative Director of Sleep and Wound Services