How Technology is Transforming the Business of Retail Pharmacy
Kimberly Howland, PhD
Senior Director, Product Management EnlivenHealth™
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed serious gaps in the U.S. healthcare system while also accelerating major trends such as the digitization of care delivery. Pharmacy is one of the key sectors of the healthcare system that is poised to play a bigger role in addressing these COVID-related challenges while benefiting from the emerging technology-driven opportunities.
More than 95 percent of Americans live within five miles of a neighborhood pharmacy, and pharmacists are among the most trusted healthcare providers. It’s no wonder that the nation’s pharmacies are increasingly on the frontlines of keeping patients healthy and safe during the pandemic.
However, pharmacists will need the right medication management solution and support to meet the significant operational challenges of administering the COVID-19 vaccine while managing growing patient demands for an expanding array of medication therapies and other healthcare services. As has been the case in so many other healthcare and society areas, the digital technology revolution is fueling the transformation of both the practice and business of pharmacy. That transformation will profoundly affect achieving the central mission of healthcare, ensuring the lifelong optimal health of patients.
Join me on Wednesday, March 24 at 10 am PST/1 pm EST to explore how pharmacies are leveraging innovative new digital solutions and medication dispensing solutions that drive workflow automation, digitization and optimization to solve today’s biggest challenges, such as administering the COVID-19 vaccine. We will cover these key topics:
- Automating and streamlining workflow with appointment-based digital medication management technology solutions.
- Leveraging data to target at-risk patients with clinical interventions
- Driving patient satisfaction and retention through proactive patient technology and patient engagement platform, including chatbots, scheduling software and patient outreach tools
- Empowering pharmacists to practice at the top of their license
- Streamlining safe and efficient administration of the COVID-19 vaccine through EnlivenHealth’s CareScheduler solution
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. Assumptions made in the analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity other than the author(s). These views are always subject to change, revision, and rethinking at any time and may not be held in perpetuity.