Omnicell understands the importance of ongoing education for clinical professionals. We have worked with educational providers such as HealthStream to offer CE/CNE courses. The following courses are currently available:
- The Medication Administration Process – How Technology Can Help Improve Patient Care Within the Acute Care Environment
The Medication Administration Process – How Technology Can Help Improve Patient Care Within the Acute Care Environment
This one-hour online course addresses how technology can affect the clinical workflow between nursing and pharmacy, impacting not only healthcare provider efficiency but also provider satisfaction, patient care, and patient outcomes. New technologies are essential to realizing the benefits of rapidly evolving clinical knowledge within a healthcare environment that increasingly demands providers sustain a higher level of documented care for more patients in less time.
- Delineate and quantify the impact of trends in today’s healthcare environment that burden nursing workflow and quality of care.
- Identify how advancements in medication administration have changed nursing practice, and the role of new technologies in improving care delivery.
- Describe the evidence-based impact of innovative technology on nurse satisfaction and clinical outcomes demonstrated in the IMPROVE Clinical Study.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP13221 for 1.5 contact hour(s). To receive credit, participants must complete the entire activity. Partial credit will not be given. Application for CE credit has also been filed with organization; determination of credit is pending.
Register today for this online program
- Sign in if you already have a HealthStream account, or click "Create Account" and follow the prompts to register.
- Click "Find an Elective in the Catalog" and then click the course title: The Medication Administration Process – How Technology Can Help Improve Patient Care Within the Acute Care Environment.
- Click "Enroll" to access the course.
For access questions please call HealthStream Customer Services: (800) 521-0574.