Omnicell offers direct integration between our automated medication dispensing cabinets and Epic electronic health record (EHR) systems to improve medication management workflow.
We offer comprehensive functionality that creates more efficient workflow for nurses, strengthens medication accountability, and increases patient safety. Omnicell is the only medication automation company offering this level of interoperability with Epic.
Closed Loop Dose Accountability—New!
How do you figure out if all the controlled substances removed from the automated dispensing cabinet were actually administered to patients or were wasted? Determining this information often requires tedious analysis of data from multiple systems.
With our Closed Loop Dose Accountability solution for Epic users, there is a much easier way. This solution automatically identifies variances between medications dispensed from the cabinet versus medications documented as administered and/or wasted.
- Increased vigilance of controlled substances
- Saves nurse and pharmacy time spent tracking variances
- End of shift report identifies outstanding waste for nursing
Remote Medication Queuing
This functionality allows clinicians to perform many functions within the EHR system rather than at the automated dispensing cabinet. No separate Omnicell login is required, and the process for removing medications is streamlined, freeing up the cabinet for others.
From within the Epic EHR nurses can:
- Preselect medications to be removed from the Omnicell® automated dispensing cabinet
- Check availability of medications in real time
- Document waste and returns
- Helps to reduce errors and provide safer medication management processes
- Streamlines medication administration activities
- Allows nurses to spend more time on patient care