Omnicell offers direct integration between our medication dispensing system and the Cerner Millennium® electronic health record (EHR) system to improve medication management and safety. The interoperability removes redundant steps from nursing workflow, freeing up time for patient care.
Closed Loop Dose Accountability—New!
Imagine having the confidence of knowing that a medication was actually administered to the patient—in the right dose and time period—rather than simply knowing that it left the dispensing cabinet. Determining this information often requires tedious analysis of data from multiple systems.
With our new Closed Loop Dose Accountability solution for Cerner users, there is a much easier way. This solution automatically identifies variances between medications dispensed from the cabinet versus medications documented as administered and/or wasted.
- Increased vigilance of controlled substances
- Saves nurse and pharmacy time spent tracking variances
- End of shift report identifies outstanding waste for nursing
Remote Medication Queuing
This functionality allows clinicians to perform many functions within the Cerner EHR system rather than at the automated dispensing cabinet. No separate Omnicell login is required, and the process for removing medications is streamlined, freeing up the cabinet for others.
From the Omnicell mPage in Cerner PowerChart® nurses can:
- Preselect medications to be removed from the Omnicell® automated dispensing cabinet
- Check availability of medications in real time
- Document waste
- Helps to reduce errors and provide safer medication management processes
- Streamlines medication administration activities
- Allows nurses to spend more time on patient care
Omnicell offers a direct connection to the Cerner EHR system via the Cerner CareAware iBus™, a platform that provides plug-and-play bidirectional communication. Compared with using standard HL7 interfaces, this connection enables:
- Improved clinical data exchange
- Faster implementation and reduced testing
- Reduced system maintenance