Omnicell offers direct integration between our medication dispensing system and the Cerner Millennium® electronic health record (EHR) system to improve medication management and safety. The interoperability removes redundant steps from nursing workflow, freeing up time for patient care.
Remote Medication Queuing
This functionality allows clinicians to perform many functions within the Cerner EHR system rather than at the automated dispensing cabinet. No separate Omnicell login is required, and the process for removing medications is streamlined, freeing up the cabinet for others.
From the Omnicell mPage in Cerner PowerChart® nurses can:
- Preselect medications to be removed from the Omnicell® automated dispensing cabinet
- Check availability of medications in real time
- Document waste
- Helps to reduce errors and provide safer medication management processes
- Streamlines medication administration activities
- Allows nurses to spend more time on patient care
Omnicell offers a direct connection to the Cerner EHR system via the Cerner CareAware iBus™, a platform that provides plug-and-play bidirectional communication. Compared with using standard HL7 interfaces, this connection enables:
- Improved clinical data exchange
- Faster implementation and reduced testing
- Reduced system maintenance