Most automated medication dispensing cabinets store approximately 80% of the medications your patients need. The remainder – patient-specific, patient-supplied, or costly and/or infrequently used items – must be handled, tracked, and administered manually.
This creates extra work for both pharmacy and nursing. It also increases the risk of loss, diversion, missing doses, and even potentially fatal medication errors.
Patient-Specific Medication Management Software
SinglePointe™ is a unique solution from Omnicell that enables up to 100% of a patient’s medications to be stored, managed, and tracked within the automated medication dispensing cabinet – bringing benefits to patients, nurses, and pharmacy.
Profile All Medications
SinglePointe automatically assigns each patient’s medications to the automated dispensing cabinet, where they are stored in a patient-specific bin. This medication management software system:
- Applies clinical and profile checks to all patient medications
- Accommodates patient-specific multi-use items (e.g. eye drops and inhalers), IV admixtures, and other multi-component medication orders, etc.
Enhancement Makes Smart Solution Even Smarter
SinglePointe software can now be configured to automatically assign locations based on medication type, providing greater inventory control:
- Controlled substances and high-value medications are assigned to metal locking lid drawers for greater security
- Refrigerated medications are assigned to refrigerators
- Restock time decreased 50%
- Missing doses decreased 30%
- Returns/credits decreased 80%
- Potential medication errors decreased 76%
Based on Omnicell customer data