Improve IV Compounding Safety for Patients and Staff
IV compounding for oncology care and other toxic, patient-specific preparations comes with unique challenges that affect the safety of both patients and pharmacy staff. The Omnicell® i.v.STATION ONCO™ Hazardous Compounding Robot is specifically designed to meet these challenges while enhancing efficiency of your sterile compounding operations.
The i.v.STATION ONCO IV compounding robot has special design features to protect the operator from exposure to hazardous chemicals. By preparing IV admixtures virtually hands-free, this advanced technology provides a consistent, automated process that's safer and more accurate than manual compounding.
- Smallest available footprint enables easy integration into your facility
- Gravimetric controls provide exceptional accuracy
- In-process barcode scanning and image recognition ensures correct ingredients
As the global leader in IV automation, Omnicell surrounds our advanced systems with novel data services, applications support, and clinical expertise to help you gain the most benefit from the technology.
Enhance safety, improve accuracy and decrease reliance on outsourcing through automating the IV compounding process.
"Our plans for IV automation were first envisioned during reconstruction of our cancer center last year. The goal is to keep both patients and employees safe, and to minimize medication waste."
Steve Rough, Director of Pharmacy, UW Hospitals and Clinics
Enhances patient safety and dose accuracy through full automation of the IV compounding process
Improves efficiency and optimizes pharmacist's time with streamlined remote verification of admixtures
Increases safety for the operator with negative pressure loading area and containment chamber and automated sealing of waste
Supports compliance with stringent regulations for hazardous sterile IV compounding
Safety for the Operator
- Hands-free compounding in ISO-5 environment with negative pressure containment chamber to protect users during loading/unloading
- Automated waste sealing protects users from hazardous materials
- Dedicated laminar flow hood adds sterile space for prep work and attachment of closed-system transfer devices
- Cameras allow for advanced procedure monitoring from multiple views
Additional Safety and Efficiency Features
- Gravimetric controls provide high level of accuracy needed for critical patient-specific preparations
- Barcode scanning and image recognition verify correct ingredients for admixture
- Automated final product labeling reduces occurrence of error
- Tamper-evident syringe caps ensure product integrity
- Streamlined remote verification optimizes pharmacist’s time
- Can be combined with i.v.STATION™ Non-Hazardous Compounding Robot and IVX Workflow to facilitate IV compounding throughout the healthcare system
- Lowest-priced IV robot on the market puts technology well within reach
- Multiple buying options provide purchasing flexibility
- Compatibility with a wide array of off-the-shelf consumables makes integration simple
- REINVENT Global Registry of IV Preparations – Free service that aggregates Omnicell IV automation solutions data from users around the world and translates it into valuable insights for improving your pharmacy
- Formulary Tool Kit – Provides low cost access to cGMP stability and specific gravity data to enable extended beyond-use dates
- Weight: 1,110 kg
- Device size (WxDxH): 1.71 m x 1.35 m x 2.32 m
- Size including recommended clearance (WxDxH)*: 3.49 m x 2.60 m x 2.56 m
*Different clearances can be evaluated after on-site inspection.
REINVENT (REgistry for INtraVENous Technology in Pharmacy) is the industry's first global registry of IV preparations. This free service collects, aggregates, and translates data into valuable insights for improving your pharmacy operations. REINVENT currently has over 4 million IV preparations in the database available to our users.Learn more
Formulary Tool Kit helps you quickly adopt, fully leverage, and maximize return of your investment in IV robotic technology by providing immediately available, low cost access to cGMP stability data and specific gravity data for most common compounded sterile preparations (CSPs). We do this through a partnership with Analytical Research Laboratories (ARL), an FDA-registered lab.Learn more