Reduce the Risks and Costs Associated with IV Compounding
Sterile IV compounding is considered one of the highest risk areas of pharmacy practice—issues with sterility and dose accuracy can seriously impact patient safety. The Omnicell i.v.STATION™ Non-hazardous Compounding Robot supports safer, more accurate, more cost effective, and more compliant compounding.
By preparing ready-to-administer non-hazardous admixtures completely hands-free, this advanced technology provides a consistent, automated process that's more accurate than manual compounding and more economical than outsourcing sterile IV compounding.
- Smallest available footprint enables easy integration into your facility
- Gravimetric controls provide exceptional accuracy
- In-process barcode scanning and image recognition verify correct ingredients
- Decreased reliance on outsourcing and premixed IVs reduces pharmacy expenses
As the global leader in IV automation, Omnicell surrounds our advanced systems with novel data services, applications support, and clinical expertise to help you gain the most benefit from the technology.
"IV robotics will help us streamline our compounding processes, allowing us to redirect financial and clinical time savings to activities that support clinical care."
Michael Campbell, PharmD, MBA, Director of Pharmacy, Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center
Enhances patient safety through full automation of the IV compounding process
Reduces costs by decreasing reliance on outsourcing and premixed IVs
Improves efficiency and optimizes pharmacist's time with streamlined remote verification of admixtures
Supports compliance with stringent regulations for sterile IV compounding
Safer, More Flexible Solution
- Gravimetric controls provide high level of accuracy needed for critical patient-specific preparations
- Barcode scanning and image recognition verify correct ingredients for admixture
- Automated final product labeling reduces occurrence of error
- Tamper-evident syringe caps ensure product integrity
- Robotic technology and ISO Class 5 environment promote sterility and support extended beyond-use dating
- Streamlined remote verification optimizes pharmacist's time
- Can be combined with i.v.STATION ONCO™ Hazardous Compounding Robot and IVX Workflow to facilitate IV compounding throughout the healthcare system
- Smallest available footprint compared with other IV automation
- No cleanroom requirement and small size allow deployment of multiple units in a variety of settings
- Lowest-priced IV robot on the market puts technology well within reach
- Multiple buying options, including our Central Pharmacy IV Compounding Service, provide purchasing flexibility
- Compatibility with a wide array of off-the-shelf consumables makes integration simple
- REINVENT Global Registry of IV Preparations – Free service that aggregates Omnicell IV automation solutions data from users around the world and translates it into valuable insights for improving your pharmacy
- Formulary Tool Kit – Provides low cost access to cGMP stability and specific gravity data to enable extended beyond-use dates
- Weight: 660 kg
- Device size (WxDxH): 1.00 m x 1.13 m x 2.31 m
- Size including recommended clearance (WxDxH)*: 2.50 m x 2.90 m x 2.56 m
*Different clearances can be evaluated after on-site inspection.
One option for deploying the i.v.STATION compounding robot is Omnicell's Central Pharmacy IV Compounding Service. With this option, the technology, tools, and technicians are all provided as part of a simple monthly fee, so there's no up-front capital expense. In many cases, this can be done at a fraction of your current outsourcing spend.
The i.v.STATION is provided along with expertly trained pharmacy technician staff to manage the robotic technology and extended beyond-use date (BUD) program. In addition, Omnicell offers novel data services and application support to enable best practices and drive ROI.
Leverage the safety of on-site automated IV compounding technology with the benefits of expert insourcing.Learn more
REINVENT (REgistry for INtraVENous Technology in Pharmacy) is the industry's first global registry of IV preparations. This free service collects, aggregates, and translates data into valuable insights for improving your pharmacy operations. REINVENT currently has over 4 million IV preparations in the database available to our users.Learn more
Formulary Tool Kit helps you quickly adopt, fully leverage, and maximize return of your investment in IV robotic technology by providing immediately available, low cost access to cGMP stability data and specific gravity data for most common compounded sterile preparations (CSPs). We do this through a partnership with Analytical Research Laboratories (ARL), an FDA-registered lab.Learn more