Long-term care providers are increasingly seeking the benefits of automated medication and supply systems for their sites. Such systems aid in regulatory compliance and security, and help increase quality of care for residents by enabling faster access to first doses, new medication orders, and emergency medications.
Long-term care pharmacy organizations benefit as well, because the automation enables them to improve their own operational efficiency and ROI.
Benefits for Long-Term Care Providers
- Better quality of care—faster access to first doses, emergency medications, and new medication orders.
- More effectively handle changes in patient flow and dynamic drug regimens of higher acuity patients.
- Increased satisfaction of residents and their families.
- Greater caregiver efficiency—no need to enter patient data and manually document medication use.
- Fewer bill-backs due to more complete and accurate tracking.
- Improved regulatory compliance and medication security.
Benefits for Institutional Pharmacies
- Limit costly stat deliveries and dependency on back-up pharmacies.
- Manage and monitor chain of custody, cabinet and medication use, and par level optimization.
- ADT and billing interfaces automate billing function to dramatically improve charge capture.
- Ability to charge by NDC as item is removed.
- Profile interface enables review of orders prior to medications being released – meeting stringent regulatory standards.
- Robust reporting helps reduce waste and lower inventory costs.
The video below highlights the benefits of automated medication management in long-term care:
Download article about integration of long-term care and acute care facilities.
Click on the links below to learn about our solutions that can help long-term care pharmacy and provider organizations.