Omnicell recognizes that our products must meet the demands of the hospital IT environment. That means keeping up with the latest hospital information technology standards and ensuring smooth, secure interoperability with your facility’s clinical information systems.
Omnicell Delivers the Latest Technology
Omnicell G4 Unity automated dispensing cabinets (ADCs) use the Windows® 7 operating system and Intel® Core™ multiprocessor platform. In addition to assuring long-term support, these technologies improve reliability, security, and responsiveness of the Omnicell system, and enable:
- Daily automatic defragmentation of the hard drive without any disruption to user experience.
- Support for encrypted file transport (FTPS) and web communication (HTTPS) to securely protect transmitted data.
All G4 cabinets are domain-ready to meet your hospital IT requirements, and the universal eBox (electronics) used across the Omnicell product line ensures efficient service and maximum uptime.
Versatile, Scalable, and Secure Enterprise Capabilities
The enterprise-class OmniCenter® server manages day-to-day operations of Omnicell automated medication and supply dispensing systems throughout your facilities and provides access to inventory use and other essential reports.
Centralized control—Servers reside within your data center, which ensures centralized support and controls, and leverages existing power and environmental investments.
Comprehensive data storage—Stores seven years of data and provides convenient access to historical information needed for audits.
Choice of server architecture—Available in physical or virtual platforms (VMware certified).
Supports multiple sites and time zones—Manages the transaction volume of any size institution, from a long-term care facility to an acute care hospital or health system.
- Multiple facilities can be supported on the same server and on a single database or isolated databases, minimizing the amount of hardware that hospital IT staff need to maintain.
- Cloud Connect allows Omnicell medication and supply locations that reside outside of the hospital wide area network (WAN) to be managed through a central network.
Remote access—OmniCenter Remote Access (OCRA) allows access from any PC connected to the hospital’s network, giving great flexibility to users.
Supports meaningful use—Omnicell Unity is the only automated dispensing system to receive EHR Modular Certification, assuring data integrity with meaningful use-compliant EHR systems.
Secure User Management
- Supports Microsoft Active Directory, allowing users to access Omnicell systems with their hospital domain user ID and password.
- Advanced Touch and Go™ biometric ID system provides best practice authentication for maximum security.
Focus on Interoperability and Security
Our interoperable, standards-based systems effectively complement other vendors' hospital information technology solutions. Our systems are able to share clinical information between disparate systems to eliminate redundant data entry and enhance reporting capabilities. In addition, our products can be automatically patched using Microsoft’s WSUS server.
Omnicell has a dedicated integration services team to facilitate seamless connections between Omnicell solutions and other healthcare information technology (HIT) such as financial, ADT, materials management, medical records, and pharmacy information systems.
Remote System Monitoring
Ensuring maximum uptime is important to us. Our service teams can proactively monitor and troubleshoot your Omnicell systems’ performance remotely and are often able to resolve the issue directly, so you don’t have to get involved or wait for someone to arrive on-site.
“HL7,” “Health Level Seven,” and the puzzle design are registered trademarks, and the HL7 design is a trademark of Health Level Seven International.