Vendor Managed Inventory Solutions
Hospitals that do not have a durable medical equipment (DME) license are unsuccessful in gaining reimbursement from Medicare Part B and other payers for orthopedic soft goods such as wrist splints, ankle braces, arm slings, and crutches. They end up providing these items to their patients free of charge every day, and bear the burden of the expense. Even with a durable medical equipment license, hospitals may not receive full reimbursement for the orthopedic soft goods dispensed.
Enhance Your Bottom Line with CARES
The unique Critical and Rehabilitative Equipment Solutions (CARES) program offered through our partnership with Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics is an ideal solution. It helps hospitals to adopt a secure, automated, cost-effective system for dispensing orthopedic soft goods and some durable medical equipment supplies.
This value-added Vendor Managed Inventory program is available at no cost to qualifying hospitals. Omnicell is the exclusive provider of the automated dispensing technology for the program. That means you can expect the quality, reliability, and ease of use you are accustomed to with Omnicell products.
- Increases clinical quality by ensuring the right items are available for the patient at the point of care.
- Saves money by substantially reducing your costs for orthopedic soft goods and some durable medical equipment.
- A qualifying account using CARES to manage their orthopedic soft goods can expect to save up to 80% of their current expenditures on these products.
- Controls inventory shrinkage.
- Eliminates administration burden.
- Provides secure automated Omnicell cabinets and associated technology at no charge.
- Floor space is rented from your hospital for the CARES cabinets.
- CARES buys your current inventory of orthopedic soft goods at the price you originally paid.
- CARES cabinets dispense a customized mix of orthopedic soft goods and durable medical equipment (DME) supplies according to the needs of your hospital.
- You determine which hospital staff members have access to the system, and CARES provides the training as part of the implementation process.
- Patient billing information is transmitted electronically from the cabinets via the CARES interface to ensure the patient's insurance is billed appropriately.
- Inventory replenishment is managed by CARES, eliminating administrative burdens from your staff and preventing stock-outs.
- A CARES customer service representative is available to you 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
To learn more, please visit the CARES website.