At the core of the Unity platform is the OmniCenter® enterprise-class hospital server, which collects and transfers data from six Omnicell medication and supply automation systems. Database management and administration functions take place at the OmniCenter server.
Versatile, Scalable, and Secure Enterprise Capabilities
Supports multiple-site health systems—Omnicell has provided enterprise capabilities for over a decade, including the ability for multiple sites to share a single database. We now offer an even more scalable server option to meet the needs of expanding health systems such as integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and accountable care organizations (ACOs).
Supports time zones—Critical for enterprises operating in multiple time zones, such as larger health systems and long-term care networks.
Easy access to historical data—Stores seven years of data and provides quick, convenient access to information needed for audits without complex archiving processes.
Choice of architecture—Available in physical or virtual platforms (VMware certified).
Remote access—OmniCenter Remote Access (OCRA) allows access from any PC connected to the hospital’s network, giving great flexibility to users.
Robust technology—Hospital server uses Windows 2012 operating system; automated dispensing cabinets employ Windows® 7 operating system and Intel® Core™ multiprocessor technology.
Supports meaningful use—Omnicell Unity is the only automated dispensing system to receive EHR Modular Certification, assuring data integrity with meaningful use-compliant EHR systems.
Minimizes Maintenance for Pharmacy and IT
Multiple facilities can be supported on the same server and on a single database or isolated databases.
Supports Critical Business Analysis
- Reduces time spent on data entry
- Reduces chances for error
- Streamlines formulary management
- Simplifies implementation
- Reduces system complexity—minimizes amount of hardware needed
OmniCenter reports enable staff to:
- Monitor productivity and compliance
- Optimize distribution of supplies and medications
- Provides documentation for Joint Commission, DEA, Board of Pharmacy, and other standards and regulations
- Common database for pharmacy and supply item management used across Omnicell dispensing systems – from the controlled substance vault to the bedside.
- The shared database reduces time-consuming manual tasks that can lead to human errors.
- Serves as a platform for a variety of site-specific software applications interfaced to the facility's information system computers.
- Selectivity of functionality by item, location, and users.
- Flexible restocking by routes, users, and locations.
- Offers temporary patient reconciliation function.
- Complete password security options, supporting bar code and magnetic card readers.
- Touch & Go™ advanced biometric ID system allows single-factor authentication.
- Convenient tools enable quick building or updating of cabinet items.
- Provides flexible suite of reports that may be scheduled, e-mailed, and exported to Microsoft Excel.
- Remote access: OmniCenter® server can be accessed from any PC connected to the hospital's network.
- Can be connected to conveniently located network printers.
- OmniCenter hospital server uses Microsoft® Windows® 2012 operating system.
- Stores seven years of data.
- Available in physical server and virtual server platforms (VMware Ready).
OmniCenter® PC (5U Tower or 2U rack-mountable chassis):
- Height - 19 inches
- Width - 9 inches
- Depth - 27 inches
- Height - 15.0 inches
- Width - 14.8 inches
- Depth - 5.4 inches
- Height - 10.2 inches
- Width - 15.6 inches
- Depth - 14.1 inches
- Height - 50 inches without printer
- Width - 25 inches
- Depth - 30 inches