At the core of the G4 Unity platform is the OmniCenter® enterprise-class hospital server, which collects and transfers data from the Omnicell medication dispensing and supply cabinets via phone lines or a computer network. Database management and administration functions take place at the OmniCenter server, allowing authorized users to quickly view and update information.
In addition to capturing data from both supply and pharmacy dispensing systems, this hospital server is a platform for a variety of Omnicell software applications interfaced to your information system computers.
Versatile, Scalable, and Secure
Comprehensive data storage—Holds up to seven years of data, ensuring convenient access to historical information needed for audits.
Choice of architecture—Available in physical or virtual platforms (VMware certified).
Supports multiple sites—Manages the transaction volume of any size institution, from a long-term care facility to a large, acute care hospital or integrated delivery network (IDN).
Remote access—OmniCenter Remote Access (OCRA) allows access from any PC connected to the hospital’s network, giving great flexibility to users.
Employs the latest technology—First automated dispensing system to use Windows® 7 operating system.
Supports meaningful use—Only automated dispensing system to receive EHR Modular Certification.
- Supports critical business analysis: OmniCenter reports assist your staff with cost accounting and enable you to:
- Monitor productivity and compliance
- Optimize distribution of supplies and medications
- Review patient, item, and user transaction history
- Supports compliance: Provides documentation for Joint Commission, DEA, Board of Pharmacy, and other standards and regulations.
- Common database for pharmacy and supply item management used across Omnicell dispensing systems – from the controlled substance vault to the bedside.
- The shared database reduces time-consuming manual tasks that can lead to human errors.
- Serves as a platform for a variety of site-specific software applications interfaced to the facility's information system computers.
- Selectivity of functionality by item, location, and users.
- Flexible restocking by routes, users, and locations.
- Offers temporary patient reconciliation function.
- Complete password security options, supporting bar code and magnetic card readers.
- Convenient tools enable quick building or updating of cabinet items.
- Provides flexible suite of reports that may be scheduled, e-mailed, and exported to Microsoft Excel.
- Remote access: OmniCenter® server can be accessed from any PC connected to the hospital's network.
- Can be connected to conveniently located network printers.
- Microsoft® Windows® 2008 operating system.
- OmniCenter hospital server holds up to seven years of data.
- Available in physical server and virtual server platforms (VMware Ready).
OmniCenter® PC (5U Tower or 2U rack-mountable chassis):
- Height - 19 inches
- Width - 9 inches
- Depth - 27 inches
- Height - 15.0 inches
- Width - 14.8 inches
- Depth - 5.4 inches
- Height - 10.2 inches
- Width - 15.6 inches
- Depth - 14.1 inches
- Height - 50 inches without printer
- Width - 25 inches
- Depth - 30 inches