Savvy Mobile Medication Workstation
The Savvy™ mobile medication workstation from Omnicell should not be confused with ordinary hospital medication carts. Savvy streamlines the medication administration process and provides safe and secure transportation of medications from the automated dispensing cabinet (ADC) to the patient's bedside.
This fully integrated solution features Omnicell's Anywhere RN™ software application and a wireless, medical-grade mobile workstation. Because clinicians can remotely select patient medications quickly and securely, from any location at any time, their transaction time at the ADC is reduced, providing more time for direct patient care. You won't find this capability with generic hospital medication carts!
Save Nurses Steps and Time
Individual trips to the cabinet for every patient add unnecessary steps – and miles –
to a nurse's shift. Nurses can use the Savvy mobile medication workstation, which integrates Omnicell's Anywhere RN software, to request, retrieve, and deliver all of their patients' medications for a medication pass with a single trip to the cabinet, without compromising on security.
Provides a safer and more secure medication administration process
- The Anywhere RN software allows nurses to order medications in quieter areas away from interruptions, assisting in preventing medication errors.
- Savvy provides secure transport of medications from the ADC to the point-of-care, creating a critical layer of accountability and addressing ISMP recommendations for safe transport of medications.
- Improved patient care: Savvy helps nurses administer medications more quickly, saving time for other patient care tasks.
- Versatile: Unlike generic hospital medication carts, Savvy doubles as a remote workstation, ensuring speed, security, and convenience – three key factors in nurse and patient satisfaction.
Creates greater efficiency, improving patient care and nurse satisfaction
- Nurses can place all needed patient medications for a medication pass into patient-assigned locking drawers and then move from room to room, instead of returning to the ADC between each patient.
- Shortens time at the automated dispensing cabinet.
- Enables quick retrieval of scheduled and as-needed medications.
- Reduces trips back to the cabinet to record medication waste, which can now be done remotely.
- Hot-swappable battery system eliminates need to plug unit into outlet, providing true portability.
Savvy Features Video
- Savvy seamlessly integrates the Omnicell ADC, mobile workstation, and bedside point-of-care (BPOC) systems during the medication administration process, to enable a closed-loop process for tracking medication accountability.
- Savvy is part of the Unity platform of solutions that share a single database, helping to eliminate redundant data entry that can lead to errors.
Smart drawer features:
- Eliminates the manual process of labeling drawers: patient-specific drawers (up to 12) are automatically assigned via the software.
- Features independently locking drawers, which minimizes the risk of administering the wrong medication to a patient.
- Omnicell’s unique guiding lights technology helps nurses quickly identify the drawer that has been unlocked, adding speed and convenience to the medication administration process.
Hot-swappable batteries for true portability:
- Quick and easy battery swaps maximize up-time and efficiency – no more hassle of plugging in mobile devices.
- Lithium-ion hot-swap battery system (2 batteries) provides up to 18 hours of continuous run time.
- Battery charging station conveniently charges depleted battery without having to plug the Savvy unit into a power outlet.
- Nurses can focus on patients without worrying about running out of power at a critical time.
- Compact form factor and high maneuverability are appreciated by nurses.
- Simple, clean design supports good infection control.
Savvy is fully supported 24/7 by the industry-leading Omnicell service organization.