One of the greatest drains on a nurse's time is the tedious narcotic counts at the automated dispensing cabinet – and the inevitable recounts needed to resolve discrepancies. Not only does this task keep a nurse away from patient rooms, but it also contributes to congestion at the cabinet, which puts other nurses behind.
The OmniDispenser™ unit dose dispensing system provides a unique, highly efficient solution for dispensing medication such as controlled substances that virtually eliminates the need for nurses to conduct countbacks.
True Unit Dose Dispensing System
The OmniDispenser module stores medications in a separate, secured location in the automated dispensing cabinet and dispenses each dose individually, similar to a vending machine. Nurses only have access to the specific quantity of items requested.
- Manual countbacks to confirm remaining inventories of controlled substances are all but eliminated, saving hours of nursing time each day.
- By electronically tracking each dose, the system also spares nurses from additional manual documentation.
- Increases control and security for dispensing medication, which is especially important for controlled substances, high-risk and high-value medications.
- Discourages diversion.
- Improves nurse efficiency – unit dose dispensing system saves time spent conducting narcotics countbacks.
- Frees up time at the automated dispensing cabinet for other nurses.
- Supports compliance with The Joint Commission, FDA, and other regulatory standards.
- The OmniDispenser module can be configured into a variety of OmniRx® cabinet sizes.
- Accommodates most unit-dose packaged oral solids, 1 mL, 2 mL, and 5 mL vials and amps, as well as 1 mL and 2 mL syringes.
Enhances Inventory Management for Pharmacy
- Improves restocking accuracy.
- High capacity: holds more than 1,100 individual doses.
- Automatically rotates inventory on a first-in, first-out basis.