Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets
Our award-winning OmniRx® G4 automated medication dispensing cabinets are the core of our complete system for efficiently managing, storing, and dispensing medications – in acute care and long-term care settings.
As the clinician-preferred choice for automated medication dispensing cabinets, the OmniRx system offers advantages that set it apart, such as Omnicell's unique "guiding lights" technology that quickly guides the user to the desired location in the cabinet.
Built-in Printer, Built-in Safety
Omnicell is the only company to offer a Medication Label Printer integrated within its automated medication dispensing cabinets. This unique capability makes it easy to meet National Patient Safety Goal 03.04.01 regarding labeling medications that are issued but not administered immediately, such as IV piggybacks.
Unified Platform Enhances Efficiency and Safety
As part of the G4 Unity platform, Omnicell automated medication dispensing cabinets share the same database as our as our Controlled Substance Management System and other solutions, providing comprehensive medication tracking and minimizing redundant data entry.
Flexible, Modular Configurations
We offer a broad array of cabinet sizes and formats, drawer styles with varying levels of security, and other options to customize your medication management system. Additional cabinets can be seamlessly integrated as your capacity needs increase.
Lowest Long-Term Cost of Ownership
Because our systems are modular they are easily upgradeable to protect your investment. Rather than replacing entire cabinets, you can keep current with the latest technology by replacing only the console. In addition, standard software upgrades are included as part of our industry-leading service program.
EHR Modular Certified
The OmniCenter® 16.0 server, which is the heart of the Omnicell medication dispensing system, has received EHR Modular Certification, offering greater peace of mind to healthcare facilities seeking to comply with "meaningful use" criteria for their electronic health record (EHR) system.
Reduce Medication Errors and Enhance Patient Safety
- "Guiding lights" technology helps prevent the possibility of taking the wrong medication.
- Dispensing alerts provide an added clinical safety check.
- SafetyStock® bar code confirmation enables nursing/pharmacy staff to confirm the identity of a medication or supply at all points of access.
Improve Nursing and Pharmacy Staff Efficiency
- Reduces manual steps and processes.
- Advanced Touch & Go™ G4 biometric ID system provides secure access to the cabinet with a simple press of the finger.
- Medications and supplies can be combined in a single cabinet, enabling quick retrieval of all items needed.
- Integrated Medication Label Printer saves time spent handwriting labels or doing other workarounds.
Improve Compliance and Discourage Diversion
- Improved security and tracking of medications throughout the distribution process.
- Seven years of transactional data is available at your fingertips via the OmniCenter servers.
- Enables tighter inventory control, which helps reduce costs.
Ease of Use
- User-focused interface guides the user's eye to the most critical information.
- Large, high resolution display is easy to see and read.
- Guiding lights technology quickly directs the user to the desired location in the cabinet.
- Integrated online medication reference library adds convenience.
- Dispensing alerts: patient-specific prompts enable nurses to verify that the appropriate medication is being administered.
- 2-D bar code scanning: the latest bar code format ensures all information can be read, enhancing safety and efficiency.
- All reports generated by the OmniCenter server, including custom reports, can be emailed and scheduled, so managers can conveniently receive them in regular intervals.
Flexible Cabinet Configurations
- Each cabinet style offers high capacity for medications and/or supplies, including oral solids, ampules, vials, oral liquids, IVs, and bulk stock.
- Cabinets can be configured with a wide array of drawer styles, with varying degrees of security, to accommodate the unique needs of each patient care area as well as long-term care sites.
- Medications and supplies can be combined in a single cabinet.
- G4 cabinet console incorporates the latest technologies from Intel and Microsoft, which improves reliability, security, and responsiveness- and protects return on investment.
- Universal eBox (electronics) used across the Omnicell product line ensures quick and efficient service.
- OmniCenter® server available in physical server and virtual server platforms (VMware Ready).
- G4 (fourth-generation) automated medication dispensing platform is ONC-ATCB certified as a Modular Electronic Health Record (EHR).
To gain additional benefits in patient safety and efficiency, you can customize your Omnicell medication dispensing system with a variety of innovative software/hardware options.
Touch & Go™ G4 Biometric ID System
Fingerprint systems are an ideal way to provide high security yet fast access to your medication dispensing cabinets. Omnicell's Touch & Go G4 system:
- Incorporates state-of-the-art biometric hardware and software.
- Interactively guides users through the enrollment process.
- Enables users to access the cabinet via fingerprint scan only, which helps prevent unauthorized users from gaining access.
OmniDispenser Unit-Dose Dispensing System
The OmniDispenser module stores medications in a separate, secured location in the cabinet and dispenses each dose individually, so nurses only have access to the specific quantities requested. The system automatically tracks every dose, virtually eliminating time-consuming count-backs and discrepancies related to controlled substances.
SinglePointe™ Patient Medication Management Software
SinglePointe enables you to store, manage and track virtually 100% of medications needed for every patient within the automated dispensing cabinet – bringing benefits to patients, nurses, and pharmacy. The system accommodates:
- Non-stocked and patient-specific items, including multi-use items (e.g. eye drops, creams, inhalers)
- Patient's medications from home
- Patient-specific IV admixtures and other multi-component medication orders (MCMO)
Medication Label Printer
An Omnicell exclusive, the integrated Medication Label Printer allows nurses to print patient-specific labels during medication issue for medications that won't be administered immediately; medications removed from their original packaging; and pre-mix IV admixtures and multi-use medications, such as topicals, inhalers, and eye drops.
- Supports compliance with The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goal 03.04.01 regarding labeling medications, and improves patient safety.
Anywhere RN™ Remote Medication Management
The Anywhere RN system gives nurses the freedom to remotely interact with the Omnicell cabinet from anywhere in the patient care area.
- Reduces trips to the cabinet, preventing fatigue and frustration.
- Minimizes interruptions that could lead to medication errors.
SafetyStock® Bar Code Confirmation
With SafetyStock, you can scan bar codes to confirm the identity of a medication or supply at all points of access: restock, selected issues, and returns.
SafetyStock Overview Brochure
- Facilitates bar code confirmation when a high-risk medication is issued from the cabinet and upon medication return.
- 2-D bar coding enables all information on the label to be read.
- SafetyStock Pick Verification (through partnership with RxScan) allows bar code verification of restock orders in the central pharmacy.
SafetyStock Pick Verification Brochure
Patient Medication Profiling Software
This software program interfaces with your hospital pharmacy information system to access patient-specific orders, administration schedules, and allergy information.
- Displays complete patient medication order information to caregivers at the cabinet.
- Saves time and increases dispensing accuracy.
Scheduled Meds Software
Scheduled Meds works with systems that have Patient Medication Profiling (above). This software option provides a filtered list of "due" medication orders to the nurse for greater dispensing efficiency and enhanced patient safety.
OmniRx® G4 Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinet Choices
Standard OmniRx Cabinet
- Accommodates up to 13 drawers of any security level, or an OmniDispenser™ unit with 6 drawers.
- The console is integrated into the top of the cabinet.
One-Cell, Two-Cell, and Three-Cell OmniRx Cabinets
- Can be configured in a variety of ways with Omnicell’s Three-Drawer Pharmacy Module, Nine-Drawer Pharmacy Module, the OmniDispenser Single-Dose Dispensing system, and open supply units.
- The console is integrated at standing height in these taller cabinet units.
OmniTT™ Tabletop Unit
- The modular, space-efficient design of the OmniTT includes three drawers that can be configured in a variety of ways.
- Ideal for operating rooms, cath labs, nursing homes, assisted living centers, and other areas that use a limited number of medications.
The Omnicell Anesthesia Workstation™ G4 is an automated medication dispensing cabinet designed specifically for the anesthesia provider that can support a day’s worth of cases.
Omnicell® Drawer Choices
- FlexBin™ Single Dose Drawer
- Locking Lid Drawer
- Lighted Matrix Drawer
- Matrix Drawer
- Omnicell Medication/Supply Drawer
Pharmacy Drawer Modules
Pharmacy Drawer Modules are used to accommodate medication drawers in the OmniRx One-Cell, Two-Cell, and Three-Cell cabinets. Each module can be configured with a variety of drawer types, depending on the needs of the unit.
- Nine-Drawer Pharmacy Module
- Three-Drawer Pharmacy Module