The Anesthesia Workstation gives anesthesia providers instant access to medications while ensuring pharmacy of tighter control in the operating room. This automated system securely stores all the medications and supplies needed for a full day of cases in one convenient place and automatically tracks inventory used, cutting hours of manual documentation.
Convenience and Compliance for Anesthesia Medications
- Quick biometric access to medications, with breakaway bar to enable access to emergency medications
- High capacity anesthesia cabinet—stores a full day’s worth of medications
- Automates reconciliation of controlled substances, eliminating countbacks
- Assists with drug shortages by securing medications where they are needed
- Improves oversight and inventory management
- Improves charge capture – documented increases of up to 90%
- Codonics Safe Label System helps to reduce medication errors and supports compliance with Joint Commission and ASA
- Part of the Unity platform of solutions that share a single database, helping to eliminate redundant data entry that can lead to errors
Top Honors From KLAS
In addition to being ranked the #1 Overall Pharmacy Automation Equipment Vendor in 2013 and 2014, Omnicell earned Category Leader Award for Anesthesia Cabinets.