The Omnicell® Medication Packager is a bar code unit dose packaging system for the central pharmacy that enables pharmacists to improve dispensing accuracy, increase their productivity, and lower their overall costs.
Integrated with WorkflowRx™ software, Omnicell medication packaging systems play a vital role in streamlining central pharmacy operations and automating manual, labor-intensive processes.
By labeling individually packaged medications with bar codes in the central pharmacy, Omnicell unit dose packaging systems allow bar code medication administration systems to be implemented at the point of care, which helps ensure the five rights of medication administration.
The Omnicell Medication Packager integrates seamlessly with the Omnicell Inventory Management Carousel to improve dispensing accuracy and efficiency. You can also reduce order fill time with our Intelligent Order Routing option. This feature dynamically routes orders to the optimal picking location.
Top Honors From KLAS
In addition to being ranked the #1 Overall Pharmacy Automation Equipment Vendor in 2013 and 2014, Omnicell earned Category Leader Awards for the WorkflowRx system in the following categories:
- High-Volume Unit Dose Packaging
- Medication Carousels
- Improve dispensing accuracy to ensure patient safety.
- Increase pharmacy productivity.
- Lower costs.
- Automated unit dose packaging.
- Intelligent Order Routing option establishes picking processes based on user-defined settings.
- Automatic packaging resume capability allows replenishment of medications or packaging supply without restarting the batch.
- Supports patient-specific dispensing with labeling and contiguous medication packaging.
- Adapts to any distribution model.
- Automated Canister Recognition System (ACRS).
- Special Tray System (STS) allows preloading of infrequently used medications into a universal tray for in-line packaging with other canister medications—there is no need to stop production.
- WorkflowRx server available in physical server and virtual server platforms (VMware Ready).